N.C. Sickle Cell Syndrome Program: Services
Genetic counseling services for persons and their families identified with sickle cell disease, sickle cell trait (carrier), and other types of abnormal hemoglobins.
- Patient and family education
- Training for health and human services professionals
- Statewide public education for schools, churches, civic groups, etc.
- Medical treatment
- Physician and medical provider training
- Community Clinics
- Access to national research studies
Care Coordination and Related Services
- Follow-up for clients with sickle cell disease throughout the life cycle
- Consultation with health and human services professionals
- Referrals to support groups, medical centers, and other agencies
- Education and employment intervention
- Psychosocial services